This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2020)
|Location||8100 30th Avenue South|
|Owned by||Metro Transit|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Connections||Metro Transit: 54, 444, 495, 538, 539|
|Opened||December 4, 2004|
|Previous names||28th Avenue (before June 11, 2022)|
30th Avenue station is a light rail and bus station on the Blue Line in the Twin Cities region of the U.S. state of Minnesota. The station opened with the second phase of the Hiawatha Line on December 4, 2004. It has a 1,585-space park and ride facility. The south parking lot was closed for construction of a 1,443 space parking ramp, which opened in Fall 2008.
Red Line began to serve the station on June 22, 2013, going northbound only. Red Line service to 30th Avenue ended on May 19, 2017.
Because it was deliberately made difficult for drivers to park at the Mall of America and then ride light rail, this is an easy alternative. It is only about two blocks from the Mall of America and is much more convenient for drivers to park and ride.
The station was originally 28th Avenue station and was renamed to the adjacent 30th Avenue in summer 2022 when 28th Avenue was renamed to Winstead Way in honor of former Bloomington mayor, Gene Winstead. The cost to change the station name is estimated to be $15,000.
- "28th Avenue Station - Metro Transit". www.metrotransit.org. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- "Driving Directions to [5544 - 5598] 30th Ave S Minneapolis, MN & Road Conditions - MapQuest". www.mapquest.com. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- Hinklin, Riley (January 2023). "2022 Annual Regional Park & Ride System Report". metrocouncil.org. Metro Transit Engineering and Facilities, Planning and Urban Design. Retrieved 22 November 2023.
- "28th Ave. Station is being renamed". metrotransit.org. Metro Transit. Archived from the original on 25 May 2022. Retrieved 22 November 2023.
- Hanks, Mike (January 11, 2022). "South Loop Street to be named in honor of former mayor". Sun Current. Adams Publishing Group. Archived from the original on January 13, 2022. Retrieved January 13, 2022.